Funding Health, Education, and General Welfare Programs in the Delta
To look up and not down | To look forward and not back | To look out and not in | And to lend a hand
The King’s Daughters and Sons Circle Number Two has served the Greenville community for more than one hundred and twenty two years. Prior to the 1890’s, Greenville had no organized charities, welfare agencies or hospitals.
In 1892, a group of local women set about meeting the needs of the area’s underserved population. By 1894, they needed more support to be effective. So they applied for a charter of incorporation to the International Order of The King’s Daughters, one of the oldest Christian service organizations in the world. Their charter was received January 14, 1895. The King’s Daughters Hospital was a product of the charter.